Effective Date: May 25th, 2018
Your Acceptance of These Terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
We may collect personal information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features, or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, and/or phone number. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. Users can always refuse to supply personal information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
The personal information we may collect from you will include, by way of example:
- Domain name and IP address
- Email address
- Contact information (including, name, address, and zip code)
- Occupation and position
- User-specific and aggregate information on areas of the Site accessed
- Username and password information for the Site
- Other information volunteered by you, such as information provided through responses, registrations, surveys, reviews, comments, emails, postings, messages, or other electronic submissions and communications sent by you to Kapost or the Site.
We may collect non-personal information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal information may include the browser, operating system, and other similar information.
Our Site also uses Google Analytics. Google may also store a cookie with your consent. You may opt out here with Google’s plugin: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
How We Use Collected Information
Kapost collects and uses Users’ personal information for the following purposes:
- To personalize user experience – We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site – We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service – Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To administer a content, promotion, survey, or other Site feature – To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails – The email address Users provide for order processing will only be used to send them information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How We Protect Your Information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices, and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information, and data stored on our Site. All data exchanged between the Site and its Users happens over an SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. While there is no such thing as “perfect security” on the Internet, we will take all appropriate steps to insure the safety of your personal information.
Third Party Websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors, and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Registration is not mandatory to access the public areas of the Site. Registration is, however, required for access to certain areas of the Site and the products and services provided through those areas of the Site. The areas of the Site requiring registration are noted on the Site.
Users registering to receive an account on the Site will choose a username and password for purposes of accessing their account and the portions of the Site available to account holders. When accessing the portions of the Site available to account holders, Users may be required to provide their username and password.
Kapost is not responsible for any loss or misuse of your username and password. ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT IN ORDER TO PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY YOU SHOULD NOT SHARE YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD WITH OTHERS.
Choice and Opt-Out
We provide you with a choice whether to receive certain emails.
We provide you the opportunity to “opt-out” of having your personal information used for certain purposes. If you are a User of the Site and you no longer wish to receive email or mail from us, you may opt-out of receiving email or mail from us.
All opt-out requests can be made by accessing your account through the Site or emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to Your Personal Information
If required by law, upon request, we will facilitate reasonable access to a User’s personal information. We rely the User to update and correct their personal information. All requests must be directed to email@example.com. We may require the User to authenticate your identity before honoring requests. We may retain information if required to do so by applicable laws.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information with our corporate affiliates (e.g., parent company, subsidiaries, or other companies under common control).
We may ask if you would like us to share your personal information with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this policy, and we may do so with your consent.
We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and Users with our business partners, trusted affiliates, and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
If Kapost elects, in its reasonable discretion, to transfer ownership or control of the Site to a third party, whether or not in the context of an acquisition of Kapost or a merger of Kapost with a third party, you consent to the transfer of your personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information by Kapost to that third party, provided that all use of your information by that third party remains subject to the terms of this Policy.
We may share your personal information with service providers. Among other things, service providers may help us to administer our website, conduct surveys, mail communications, provide technical support, and/or other legitimate purposes as provided by applicable laws. These service providers may collect store and otherwise process information on our behalf.