In the past year, there’ve been a flurry of headline-busting acquisitions in the technology segment. Facebook spent $19 billion to buy WhatsApp, App Annie snapped up Distimo for better mobile metrics, and Twitter bought Gnip for more social data power.
But atop the biggest transactions of the year, you might have missed some of the more crucial ones for marketers, or the reasons they impact marketers.
We’ve rounded up the six most important acquisitions of 2014 thus far, and shared marketing insights for each. Check it out below.
Read About All the Acquisitions Here:
- Facebook buys WhatsApp for $19 billion
- Twitter Buys Gnip – It’s All About The Data
- Automattic, Steward of WordPress.com, Snaps Up Longreads
- App Annie Acquires Competitor Distimo, Raises Another $17 Million From Existing Investors
- Google Acquires Adometry To Bring More Attribution To Google Analytics
- Socialbakers Acquires EdgeRank Checker To Bolster Its Facebook Analytics Offering
Liz O’Neill and Jesse Noyes co-wrote this post and infographic.